Investment bankers move to unicorn startups Capital market experts move to major unicorns like Kurly, Krafton and Musinsa
이 기사는 2022년 06월 10일 08:03 더벨 유료페이지에 표출된 기사입니다.Talents from global investment banks are moving to South Korean unicorn startups.
According to industry sources, Shin Kwon-ho, who previously worked at Goldman Sachs, has recently decided to work as the chief financial officer (CFO) at Naver’s affiliate LINE Games.
There had been many cases where investment bankers move to private equity firms or their rival investment banks. Yet, a growing number of investment bankers take key posts at local unicorn companies in recent years.
This has started when Bae Dong-keun, who previously led JP Morgan's IB unit in Hong Kong, moved to Krafton, the developer of PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG) as CFO. Krafton made its stock market debut three years after Bae joined the company.
In 2019, Kim Jong-hoon, who worked for Morgan Stanley, became the CFO of Kurly, the operator of grocery delivery platform Market Kurly. Kim is currently leading Kurly’s initial public offering (IPO) process. Yoon Jun-ho, who worked for Morgan Stanley, moved to global entertainment technology and localization company Iyuno-SDI and Steve Hong moved from Goldman Sachs to Korea’s major fashion platform Musinsa.
Korean startups are scouting financial market specialists for listings and fundraisings as ample liquidity is flooding into the firms. Investment bankers are attracted by stock options and share grants at startups, just as Wall Street’s young investment bankers move to tech and startups in the U.S.
A source in the investment banking industry said that the trend is likely to continue for a while as capital market experts are pursuing more money. (Reporting by Byung-keun Kam)
최신뉴스 in 전체기사
- McDonald’s Korea up for sale with focus on its real estate
- Consus Asset Management likely to acquire Jack Nicklaus GC
- MBK Partners seeks to acquire Kakao Mobility
- Hanwha Energy USA to issue $300 mil green bond
- Wemade seeks to register as VASP
- BGF Retail to bolster its presence in Mongolia
- Eyes on SKC's Suwon plant
- Samsung SDI, Stellantis to form battery joint venture in US
- Korea Investors Service upgrades outlook on Kia to positive
- Investment bankers move to unicorn startups
Translated by Kim So-in 의 다른 기사 보기
더벨 서비스 문의
02-724-4102유료 서비스 안내