GS Group to create fund to secure growth engines Major affilates are likely to invest in a fund worth less than 1 trillion won
이 기사는 2019년 10월 16일 08:00 더벨 유료페이지에 표출된 기사입니다.South Korea's eighth largest conglomerate GS Group plans to create a fund.
According to a source familiar with the matter on October 8, GS Holdings, GS Group's holding company, plans to set up a fund worth less than one trillion won and made a request to its major affiliates including GS Energy and GS Retail to invest in certain amount of money. The latest fund will be led by GS Holdings with affiliates of GS Group participate as limited partners (LP). It is the first time individual affiliate chips in for a fund in an attempt to secure new growth engines.
"Recently GS Group has been agonizing over how to find new growth engines," said one source familiar with the matter. GS Energy, GS Retail, GS E&R, GS Sports, GS Global, GS HomeShopping, GS EPS will likely invest in the fund.
"It has been very hard for affiliates of GS Group to share the same goal. It looks the company made the decision as it has found itself at risk, having difficulties finding new growth engines," said other source familiar with the matter.
Many market watchers view the GS Group's businesses are 'stable but not promising.' Even though GS Group does run major businesses like community energy service and refinery, the company doesn't have other breakthroughs for the future compared to other conglomerates in the country.
LG Group and SK Group are betting on electric vehicle batteries and Hanwha Groups is investing heavily in solar energy business. According to the Fair Trade Commission's list of Korea's largest business groups, GS Group moved down by on notch to eighth place this year, while Hanwha Group moved up by one to the seventh place.
"It is true that GS Group is mulling over the creation of the fund, but nothing has been decided yet," said one market watcher.
(By reporter Park Ki-soo and Lee Myeong-kwan)
최신뉴스 in 전체기사
- [오너십 시프트]더블유에프엠, 영어사업 확대 승부수
- '위기 속 승계' TJ미디어, 윤나라 사장 체제 과제는
- 동화약품, M&A 이후 메디쎄이 경영진 교체 가속화
- [바이오테크 상장 Before & After]마이크로디지탈, 매출 역성장에 목표치 괴리율 80%
- [코로나 1년 제약사 성과분석]테마주의 한계, 주가 상승분 반납 대다수
- [기술특례 코스닥 재점검]'상장 3년' 플리토, 전망치 대비 높은 '괴리율' 숙제
- [오너십 시프트]엔에스엔 FI, '260%' 경영권 프리미엄 베팅…엑시트 전략은
- 박상용 체제 비욘드운용, 4년만에 '적자탈출'
- 김형철 IHQ 신임 대표 "디즈니와 제휴가 목표"
- '픽코마' 날았다…카카오재팬 흑자전환 성공
Translated by Kim So-in 의 다른 기사 보기
- South Korean M&A market remains subdued
- Samsung Securities tops acquisition financing league tables
- VIG Partners takes over Homenuri Mart
- LG Chem, Hanwha Solutions gear up to buy stake in US chemical plant
- Hyundai Hitec put up for sale
- Parking Cloud to raise external funds
- PE firms joining hands to be picked by K-Growth
- Keistone Partners starts sale process of Cardoc
- WWG Asset Management acquires Semyoung Tech
- Samil PwC reaching transition
더벨 서비스 문의
02-724-4127유료 서비스 안내