PAG acquires Grand Hyatt Seoul for $475mn Hana Financial is said to provide acquisition financing, while the site development is on focus
이 기사는 2019년 11월 25일 08:00 더벨 유료페이지에 표출된 기사입니다.Hong Kong-based private equity firm Pacific Alliance Group (PAG) is set to be the new owner of Grand Hyatt Seoul, the oldest hotel in South Korea.
PAG has signed a sales agreement with Hyatt Hotels Corporation to acquire Grand Hyatt Seoul at the end of October, industry sources said last Tuesday. It was about two months after the private equity firm was selected as the preferred bidder on a non-binding basis by the seller and Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), the lead manager of the sale. The transaction value is about 560 billion won ($475 million), according to a source familiar with the deal.
PAG has worked with several investors for the last several months to win the deal. Local brokerage Meritz Securities provided financial advice to the private equity firm and performed due diligence on the target. Mastern Investment Management, a Seoul-based asset manager, also helped PAG from the beginning of the sale process.
But after the private equity firm was chosen as the preferred bidder in August, the competition heated up among investors, including domestic brokerages, hoping to participate in underwriting financing, with some offering competitively low interest rates and fees.
The fact that this transaction is different from usual property sales also played a role. The acquisition includes the hotel and nearby land for residential use. Following the sale, Hyatt would reportedly continue to manage the hotel under its Grand Hyatt brand, while PAG would be able to develop or sell land.
For acquisition financing, PAG is expected to use an investment vehicle managed by Seoul-based Inmark Asset Management, according to a source familiar with the deal, and Hana Financial Investment could play a leading role in the overall funding process, though the situation is fluid.
For land for residential developments, Mastern Investment Management and Meritz Securities have been rumored to partner with the private equity firm. Mastern Investment Management is a leading real estate asset manager in the country, specializing in value-add strategies. Meritz Securities is also one of the leading domestic financial firms in real estate project financing transactions.
PAG, however, could be more interested in selling land separately rather than devoting its resources to develop it, according to multiple sources from financial and construction industries.
The site is widely expected to be developed as luxury homes. A potential project to develop the site would likely draw great attention from local building companies, including both leading builders and mid-sized businesses which seek to promote their premium brand image.
(By reporter Kim Gyuoung-tae)
최신뉴스 in 전체기사
- [THE NEXT]"주식교환 활용 '비용 없이' 소유구조 단순화 가능"
- [THE NEXT]"지배·경영·승계 위해 독립적인 '기업집단법' 필요"
- [THE NEXT]"공정거래법 개정안, 과잉 규제 신중하게 접근해야"
- 한국테크놀로지, 서울시의회 맞손 '코로나19 방역'
- 신성이엔지, 태양광 모듈 1등급 획득 '그린뉴딜 공략 속도'
- [THE NEXT]"소유구조 단순화, 한국식 가족경영 문제 해결 비법"
- [THE NEXT]"이사회 경영, 새로운 지평 연 주주행동주의"
- 파라다이스, 2년 연속 공모채 출격
- 석유공사, 달러채 복귀전 성황…견고한 위상 입증
- 크래프톤 상장 주관 경쟁, '넷마블 IPO' 소환
Translated by Ryu Ho-joung 의 다른 기사 보기
- SK Group eyes environmental business
- Cactus PE sells online Go platform to Com2uS
- Moa Construction named as preferred buyer for Club Mow CC
- Doosan Group expects final offers for hydraulic components business
- UAMCO, Pinewood PE buy distressed auto parts supplier
- Megazone Cloud secures funding from Stonebridge, NAU IB
- VIG Partners completes acquisition of Preedlife
- Club Mow CC bidding attracts strong interest
- Unsuccessful bidders for UDC may turn to Hyosung Capital
- HDC-Asiana Airlines deal faces long delay
더벨 서비스 문의
02-724-4127유료 서비스 안내