Hahn & Co files lawsuit against Namyang for breach of contract Buyout firm says Namyang calls for new prerequisites
이 기사는 2021년 09월 01일 08:12 더벨 유료페이지에 표출된 기사입니다.South Korean buyout firm Hahn & Co, a proposed buyer of a controlling stake in Namyang Dairy Products, has filed a lawsuit against Namyang and its ex-chairman Hong Won-sik as the company delayed the process for the contract.
Hahn & Co said on Monday that it has tried everything for the past several weeks to ensure that the transaction is closed smoothly through consultation and persuasion, but it is believed that it would be difficult to close the deal due to the seller's unexplained delay in contract execution and excessive demands.
Hahn & Co also said that the proposed sellers have offered negotiations with a new set of prerequisites to reach the deal after remaining silent for more than two weeks. The proposed sellers responded that Hahn & Co had breached the nondisclosure obligation.
Market watchers said the possible legal dispute between Hahn & Co and Namyang may be due to a low price tag. A combined value of Namyang’s cash and cashable assets stood at 369.3 billion won ($319 million), above the price of a 52.63% stake. Shareholders including Hong and Hahn & Co in May agreed to exchange the controlling 52.63% stake in Namyang for 310.7 billion won.
There was speculation that Namyang initially intended to terminate the contract at the extraordinary general meeting on July 30, but it decided to postpone the deal closing and negotiate with a new potential buyer as the new potential buyer offered a higher bid.
Hong said in a statement earlier this month that the extraordinary shareholders meeting was postponed because the two parties were not fully prepared to complete the deal. A new set of prerequisites offered by the proposed sellers has not been revealed yet, but it is highly likely to be related to positions of Hong’s two sons, Jin-seok and Beom-seok, who are executives of the company. (Reporting by Seon-ho Kim)
최신뉴스 in 전체기사
- 아나패스 "GCT세미컨덕터 IPO, 구주매출 없다"
- [2022 상반기 제약바이오 마켓 리뷰]초라한 IPO 성적표, 공모액 1129억 그쳐
- "Sustainability는 비용 아닌 성장동력"
- '3년째 무상증여' 파미셀 창업주, 장내 매입 배경은
- M&G, 아이콘역삼 매각 주관사 ‘컬리어스·딜로이트’ 낙점
- '쌍용차 새 주인' 캑터스PE·KG그룹, 투자금 펀딩 착수
- [스팩 합병 기업 리뷰]공격적 자금조달 블리츠웨이, 안정적 지배체제 '눈길'
- 유진PE-산은, SK에코플랜트 프리IPO 투자자로 합류
- 박물관·체험관 전시전문 '휴먼씨' 매물로
- 쌍용건설·ICD의 아름다운 결별
Translated by Kim So-in 의 다른 기사 보기
- McDonald’s Korea up for sale with focus on its real estate
- Consus Asset Management likely to acquire Jack Nicklaus GC
- MBK Partners seeks to acquire Kakao Mobility
- Hanwha Energy USA to issue $300 mil green bond
- Wemade seeks to register as VASP
- BGF Retail to bolster its presence in Mongolia
- Eyes on SKC's Suwon plant
- Samsung SDI, Stellantis to form battery joint venture in US
- Korea Investors Service upgrades outlook on Kia to positive
- Investment bankers move to unicorn startups
더벨 서비스 문의
02-724-4102유료 서비스 안내