KT newly creates control tower for investment Group Transformation division to oversee affiliates' IPO, M&A, and external partnerships
이 기사는 2021년 09월 24일 08:07 더벨 유료페이지에 표출된 기사입니다.KT, South Korea’s leading telecom company, has created an organization dedicated to new investments, mergers and acquisitions (M&A), and initial public offering (IPO) of its affiliates.
KT appointed Yoon Kyung-lim as president of the new organization, according to industry sources on September 17. The new organization, called Group Transformation, will directly report to KT CEO Koo Hyun-mo. It will oversee growth plans for KT affiliates, including IPOs, business strategies, domestic and foreign investment strategies, and external partnerships.
The Group Transformation division will primarily be responsible for M&As. Koo Hyun-mo has focused on securing new growth engines through a restructuring of affiliates. After taking office last year, Koo created the future value task force and promoted it to the future value promotion office earlier this year. KT’s management and planning division delegated its authority to carry out M&As to the future value promotion office, which has recently been transferred to the Group Transformation division.
Koo has decided to launch the Group Transformation division as he believed that the company needs to put more effort into new investments than he thought at the beginning of this year. Earlier this year, KT created KT Studio Genie to serve as the group’s control tower for its media content business while KT Alpha is leading its commerce and advertising business. This process is expected to accelerate the group’s new investments.
Born in 1963, Yoon had led KT’s media, future convergence and global businesses. KT’s decision to let the new organization serve as a control tower of IPOs is expected to speed up listings of its affiliates, with e-book service startup Millie's Library, Skylife TV, and web novel unit Storywiz being strong candidates. (Reporting by Pil-woo Choi)
최신뉴스 in 전체기사
- 넥스턴바이오사이언스, 롤코리아 경영권 확보 완료
- 위세아이텍, '사업 경쟁력 강화' 각자 대표 체제 출범
- '렌탈 1위' 코웨이, 후발주자들과 격차 더 벌렸다
- 네이버, '페이머니 통장' 혁신금융서비스 신청 모색
- 중소형거래소도 뭉친다…개별 협의체 'KDA' 출격
- SK시그넷, 자회사 시그넷에너지 '유증자합병' 이유는
- 넷마블, 블록체인 우군 25곳…MBX 글로벌 확장 속도
- 드림어스컴퍼니, 주가하락에 CPS 전환 요원
- [증권사 글로벌사업 점검]KB증권, 현지 증권사 '통큰 인수'...KB 문화 이식
- [증권사 글로벌사업 점검]캄보디아 진출 16년 유안타, 현지화로 시장선점 '결실'
Translated by Kim So-in 의 다른 기사 보기
- McDonald’s Korea up for sale with focus on its real estate
- Consus Asset Management likely to acquire Jack Nicklaus GC
- MBK Partners seeks to acquire Kakao Mobility
- Hanwha Energy USA to issue $300 mil green bond
- Wemade seeks to register as VASP
- BGF Retail to bolster its presence in Mongolia
- Eyes on SKC's Suwon plant
- Samsung SDI, Stellantis to form battery joint venture in US
- Korea Investors Service upgrades outlook on Kia to positive
- Investment bankers move to unicorn startups
더벨 서비스 문의
02-724-4102유료 서비스 안내