Namyang Dairy Products to reshuffle management The company will hold extraordinary general meeting on Oct 29
이 기사는 2021년 10월 15일 08:11 더벨 유료페이지에 표출된 기사입니다.Scandal-ridden Namyang Dairy Products will carry out management reshuffle following its chairman Hong Won-sik’s recent promise to achieve stable management.
Namyang Dairy announced on Wednesday that it would hold an extraordinary general meeting on October 29 to vote on appointing chief general manager Kim Seung-un, Sejong plant manager Jeong jae-yeon, Naju plant manager Lee Chang-won as inside directors and Kwangwoon Foundation director Lee Jong-min as an outside director.
The company said in a press release last month that it is working on a plan to improve its governance structure through a reorganization of the board of directors, hinting at a possibility of holding an extraordinary general meeting.
Currently, the company’s board of directors includes four inside directors – chairman Hong, his mother Ji Song-juk, his eldest son Jin-seok, and CEO Lee Kwang-beom – and two outside directors – Yang Dong-hoon, a chair professor at Konkuk University and Lee Sang-woo at dairy wholesaler Bukook.
Given that three executives have been nominated for new inside directors, one of the existing inside directors may retain the position.
Analysts said chairman Hong is highly likely to retain his position as it may be difficult for him to completely step down amid ongoing legal dispute with private equity firm Hahn & Company. There is also a possibility of chairman Hong’s eldest son Jin-seok remaining on the board of directors.
Among the three candidates, chief general manager Kim is in the limelight. Namyang said the reason for recommending other two, plant managers Jeong and Lee, was that they have deep knowledge of dairy farming and achieved cost reduction through efficient plant operations, while the company saw Kim as capable of actively participating in management through new business strategies.
One of the three candidates is also likely to replace outgoing CEO Lee. Kim may be appointed as the new CEO considering Jeong and Lee are currently responsible of managing plants in Sejong and Naju. (Reporting by Seon-ho Kim)
최신뉴스 in 전체기사
- 김교현 롯데케미칼 부회장 "일진머티리얼즈, 좋은 회사"
- 우리금융 회장 DLF 행정소송 2심 선고 '22일'로 연기
- TS인베, 4개 본부 체제 조직개편…세대교체 신호탄
- 국보·보그인터내셔날 "카타나골프와 골프 기어 MOU"
- [케이뱅크 IPO]카카오만으로 역부족, 피어그룹 외국계 2곳 포함
- [IPO 모니터]대성하이텍, 탄탄한 해외사업 불구 '확실한' 가격 메리트
- 이차전지 산파 CIS, 사업확대 발판은 '해외수주력'
- 삼성전자, 중요성 평가 'SCM' 키워드 첫 등장
- 리서치 조직 꾸리는 코인 거래소…콘텐츠 경쟁 시작되나
- LG마그나, 해외법인 잇딴 투자…믿는 구석은
Translated by Kim So-in 의 다른 기사 보기
- McDonald’s Korea up for sale with focus on its real estate
- Consus Asset Management likely to acquire Jack Nicklaus GC
- MBK Partners seeks to acquire Kakao Mobility
- Hanwha Energy USA to issue $300 mil green bond
- Wemade seeks to register as VASP
- BGF Retail to bolster its presence in Mongolia
- Eyes on SKC's Suwon plant
- Samsung SDI, Stellantis to form battery joint venture in US
- Korea Investors Service upgrades outlook on Kia to positive
- Investment bankers move to unicorn startups
더벨 서비스 문의
02-724-4102유료 서비스 안내