Eastar Jet to select final preferred bidder next week Sale price likely to be around $89 mln
Translated by Kim So-in 공개 2021-06-17 07:54:15
이 기사는 2021년 06월 17일 07:49 더벨 유료페이지에 표출된 기사입니다.South Korea’s budget carrier Eastar Jet will enter final negotiations with a potential buyer to select its final preferred bidder, with the sale price expected to be around a mere 100 billion won ($89 million).
Eastar Jet’s sale advisor Deloitte Anjin will be in talks with a consortium led by Kanglim, a local equipment maker under underwear company Ssang Bang Wool, which submitted its binding offer. The budget carrier plans to select its final preferred bidder as early as June 21, conduct detailed due diligence and enter final negotiations on the price. The process may be delayed depending on the negotiation progress and the court’s decision.
Around 10 strategic investors submitted their letters of intent to acquire the ailing airline, but most of them pulled out of the deal before the final round of bidding. Pan Ocean, which had been considered as one of the strong candidates, also decided to walk away from the deal.
With Pan Ocean walking away from the deal, the deal will be the two-way race between the consortium led by Kanglim and stalking-horse bidder SJ. If the consortium offered the highest price, the stalking-horse bidder must offer a higher price in order to maintain its preferred bidder status. Some market insiders said the bidder may not offer a higher price considering contingent liabilities and risks of litigation with Jeju Air.
There also has been concerns about lack of document for due diligence as Eastar Jet’s back office practically halted its operations along with the suspension of its flights.
“A risk related to contingent liabilities is normally the most important issue for potential buyers in a sale of a company under court receivership,” said an industry source.
Some market insiders said the sale price may not exceed 100 billion won considering risks related to contingent liabilities which have been mentioned as a risk since the preliminary due diligence process. “As the race has lost steam, price competition among prospective buyers also has become less competitive,” the source said.
If the liquidation value is low, the repayment amount corresponding to the acquisition price will also decrease, making the budget carrier difficult to obtain consent from the creditors. Eastar Jet’s liquidation value currently stands at 2.4 billion won. Market insiders have noted that the sale price has to be more than 150 billion won given that its debts amount to 200 billion won.
The seller plans to make its final decision on June 21 after conducting the qualitative assessment on the bidders. (Reporting by Seon-young Kim)
< 저작권자 ⓒ 자본시장 미디어 'thebell', 무단 전재 및 재배포 금지 >
최신뉴스 in 전체기사
- '자본확충' 에이루트, 바이오·신재생에너지 사업 확대
- ETF 운용에도 '소통'이 필요하다
- [격변의 퇴직연금 시장]중소기업 '기금형 퇴직연금' 전면도입, OCIO 역할 커진다
- 지속가능발전소-KIS채권 '맞손', ESG채권지수 내놨다
- 현금 두둑한 HMM, 영구채 조기상환 '안하나, 못하나'
- 수익·재무 두 마리 토끼 잡는 롯데정밀화학
- '신사업 드라이브' 한국타이어, '형제 갈등' 결과물?
- 코오롱머티 상장폐지, 코오롱인더에 흡수합병 수순?
- 이지스운용, 네오밸류파트너운용 지분 50% 투자
- '스판덱스 호황' 효성티앤씨, '부채 부담'마저 덜었다
Translated by Kim So-in 의 다른 기사 보기
- Main Street Investment invests in US startup WatchBox
- LX Hausys may not sell automotive business amid improving performance
- Candidates for SsangYong Motor likely to be narrowed down to three
- SM Group joins race for SsangYong Motor
- Hahn & Co may take legal action as Namyang owner delays sale process
- Lotte Shopping under audit by its holding company
- Lotte Confectionery improves profitability in 1H
- Stock overhang to have limited impact on KakaoBank stock price
- Samsung Elec's IM division continues stable performance in 2Q
- Krafton IPO draws tepid response from institutions
더벨 서비스 문의
02-724-4102유료 서비스 안내