Stonebridge Capital in advanced talks to buy Health Balance PE firm began due diligence on nutritional supplement company this month
이 기사는 2021년 06월 17일 07:50 더벨 유료페이지에 표출된 기사입니다.Stonebridge Capital is in advanced talks to acquire Health Balance owned by TPG, with a deal expected to be signed soon, industry sources said.
The Seoul-based firm teamed up with an unnamed strategic investor to buy the nutritional supplement company and has been conducting due diligence for the past two weeks, according to sources. If everything goes smoothly, the planned acquisition is expected to close during the third quarter of the year.
The deal is expected to be worth more than 100 billion won ($89.5 million). Stonebridge Capital’s newest fund, which closed last year and focuses on mid-cap growth companies, will be used for the acquisition. The fund was also used when the private equity firm purchased AJ Total’s chilled and frozen warehouse business earlier this year.
The transaction would mark Stonebridge Capital’s first investment in the nutritional supplement sector. The firm, however, has a strong track record in retail and food and beverage sectors.
Health Balance’s baby food brand Bebecook, which was spun off as an independent entity earlier this year, is said to be excluded from the sale. Stonebridge Capital will acquire the remaining businesses, including red ginseng products, weight-loss foods and fitness supplement retail.
TPG acquire 100% of Health Balance from Anchor Equity Partners in 2019 and has grown the company through bolt-on acquisitions. The nutritional supplement firm bought a 100% stake in Fitness Store, an online platform that sells various brands of health and fitness supplements, for 11.6 billion won last year. It also invested 10 billion won in mask brand ETIQA.
Especially, Fitness Store is likely to be a cash cow, industry watchers said. Founded in 2014 by a former fitness instructor, the online shopping platform has recorded rapid growth, with its revenue exceeding 10 billion won in 2017 compared to a mere 1 billion won in 2015. (Reporting by Ar-rum Rho)
최신뉴스 in 전체기사
- [틈새 노리는 강소 증권사]토스증권, 조직구성도 '차별화'…토스 DNA 수혈
- 현대캐피탈, 딤섬본드 프라이싱 착수
- '자본확충' 에이루트, 바이오·신재생에너지 사업 확대
- ETF 운용에도 '소통'이 필요하다
- [격변의 퇴직연금 시장]중소기업 '기금형 퇴직연금' 전면도입, OCIO 역할 커진다
- 지속가능발전소-KIS채권 '맞손', ESG채권지수 내놨다
- 현금 두둑한 HMM, 영구채 조기상환 '안하나, 못하나'
- 수익·재무 두 마리 토끼 잡는 롯데정밀화학
- '신사업 드라이브' 한국타이어, '형제 갈등' 결과물?
- 코오롱머티 상장폐지, 코오롱인더에 흡수합병 수순?
Translated by Ryu Ho-joung 의 다른 기사 보기
- Kakao Mobility expands presence into telephone designated-driving space
- Taihan Electric Wire to increase capital expenditure in second half
- Macquarie nears closing of fifth South Korean fund
- LG Chem offloads Ugimag Korea in fire sale
- SeAH Group sells non-core businesses to Affirma Capital
- LG Electronics likely to use increased cash flow for content service business
- Hanjin Heavy deal is nearing completion
- Ties among pan-Hyundai groups weaken as third-generation takes helm
- Hyundai Motor Group accelerates EV push with Indonesia JV with LGES
- KKR further builds out infrastructure investment team in Seoul
더벨 서비스 문의
02-724-4102유료 서비스 안내