Boston Dynamics seeking chief of staff Hyundai Motor Group recruiting talents for Boston Dynamics' business strategy
이 기사는 2021년 06월 25일 08:09 더벨 유료페이지에 표출된 기사입니다.Hyundai Motor Group is seeking a chief of staff (COS) who will be in charge of Boston Dynamics' business strategy.
Boston Dynamics has recently received more than 50 applications for its COS position through its homepage and social networking sites, according to industry sources. The application has now been closed.
A COS has emerged as an important position since early 2010s in U.S.-based multinational companies. The person is responsible for collaborating with executive team members to determine and prioritize business strategies.
Boston Dynamics said in its job posting that its COS will support the company’s chief strategy officer (CSO). The COS will also contact with executive team members and stakeholders.
The recruitment is in line with Boston Dynamics’ recent overhaul of its strategic division. In March, the company hired Marc Theermann as its new CSO. Theermann received his BA from Schiller University Heidelberg, his MBA from Northeastern University and MIM from Thunderbird School of Global Management.
Theermann joined Google in 2012, where he was Head of Mobile Platform Sales, managing the publisher sales organizations for its mobile ad products. He also worked at Millennial Media before he rejoined Google and served as Director Global Partnerships from 2016 to February 2021.
Boston Dynamics is the global leader in developing and deploying highly mobile robots capable of tackling the toughest robotics challenges. However, its performance has not picked up steam yet, with the company recording revenue of 30.1 billion won ($26 million) and a net loss of 149.9 billion won from March 2020 to March 2021. The company seems to be speeding up the recruitment to fine-tune its future strategy after Hyundai Motor Group’s announcement of its acquisition in December 2020.
The future COS will likely to work with Hyundai Motor Group along with the CSO as applicants are required to be fluent in Korean.
Hyundai Motor Group, Boston Dynamics, and SoftBank Group Monday announced the completion of the Hyundai Motor Group’s acquisition of a controlling interest in Boston Dynamics from SoftBank.
Post-closing, the Korean group holds an 80% stake in Boston Dynamics and SoftBank, through one of its affiliates, retains the remaining 20% stake. Hyundai Motor Group hasn’t decided whether to add Korean executives to Boston Dynamics. (Reporting by Kyung-tae Kim)
최신뉴스 in 전체기사
Translated by Kim So-in 의 다른 기사 보기
- Lotte Confectionery improves profitability in 1H
- Stock overhang to have limited impact on KakaoBank stock price
- Samsung Elec's IM division continues stable performance in 2Q
- Krafton IPO draws tepid response from institutions
- Investors of The Nature Holdings mull whether to withdraw money
- LG Household & Health Care’s beverage business loses profitability
- Yanolja emerging as candidate to buy Interpark
- IBK reports dismal earnings in Southeast Asia
- F&F ups investment in TaylorMade acquisition
- SsangYong Motor to receive LOIs this week
더벨 서비스 문의
02-724-4102유료 서비스 안내