Reverent Partners invests in Series D round of Danggeun Market Funding round elevates Korean flea market app operator to unicorn status
이 기사는 2021년 08월 24일 08:07 더벨 유료페이지에 표출된 기사입니다.South Korea’s Reverent Partners has participated in Seoul-based flea market app operator Danggeun Market’s 178.9 billion won ($152.4 million) Series D founding round, industry sources said on Friday.
Reverent Partners is the first homegrown private equity firm to invest in the ecommerce startup. Other investors in the funding round include Hong Kong-based investment firms DST Global and Aspex Management as well as existing venture capital backers such as Goodwater Capital, SoftBank Ventures Asia, Altos Ventures, Kakao Ventures, Strong Ventures and Capstone Partners.
The funding round valued the startup at 3 trillion won, bringing it to unicorn status. The company’s value has increased tenfold over the past two years, from about 300 billion won in 2019, largely thanks to a sharp increase in users.
Danggeun Market, which operates local marketplace app Karrot, has grown rapidly in recent years. The company expanded the scope of its service to nationwide customers in early 2018. Its monthly average users have since increased greatly, from 500,000 in January 2018 to 14.2 million in January 2021.
“Danggeun Market is South Korea’s top hyper-local community platform with tremendous growth potential,” an official at Reverent Partners said, adding that they have closely watched Danggeun Market’s growth since the company’s early days.
Founded in July 2017, Reverent Partners mainly invests in growth companies in the technology sector, while expanding its focus to buyout deals. Its investments include semiconductor startup Fadu and big data firm IGAWorks.
Reverent Partners also acquired an 80% stake in Natural Way, a manufacturer of health supplement products, earlier this year for 75 billion won in partnership with Yonsei University. (Reporting by Se-hun Jo)
최신뉴스 in 전체기사
- '파죽지세' 한앤코, 남양유업 가처분 소송 이겼다
- 인피니티엔티, 자회사 '디모아' 합병 "경쟁력 강화"
- 대우조선해양건설, ‘에르메티아 서초’ 오피스텔 분양 시작
- 피에이치씨, 코로나19 검체 채취키트 美 수출 재개
- KT알파, NFT 시장 공략법 'K쇼핑 플랫폼화'
- 김범수 카카오 의장, 주담대 종료…리스크 원천 봉쇄
- [2022 가상자산사업자 경영 비전]"느리지만 탄탄하게...'코빗처럼하면 성공' 증명하겠다"
- SKT, 美 파빌리온 추가 투자…계열사 시너지 염두?
- [위메이드 히든에셋]위믹스 '혁신 M&A 수단 vs 양날의 칼' 사이
- 삼성전자의 '3억+α' 도전…중국사업혁신팀에 무게
Translated by Ryu Ho-joung 의 다른 기사 보기
- SK Telecom makes additional investment in Pavilion Data
- ARA Korea, NH Investment team up for IFC Seoul bid
- Kakao chair opts not to extend loans backed by his shares
- Cleary Gottlieb and Ropes & Gray advise on Hugel deal
- Iljin Materials to invest $500 mil to expand production capacity in Malaysia
- SeAH Besteel follows in footsteps of Posco with shift to holding company
- Golf platform Smart Score raises $42 mil from Iconiq Capital
- Krafton’s chairman grants tag-along right to Tencent
- Hyundai Motor pushes to create 'Hyundaism' with meta-factory plan
- GS consortium’s Hugel acquisition is close to completion
더벨 서비스 문의
02-724-4102유료 서비스 안내