Stonebridge Capital in advanced talks to buy Health Balance PE firm began due diligence on nutritional supplement company this month
이 기사는 2021년 06월 17일 07:50 더벨 유료페이지에 표출된 기사입니다.Stonebridge Capital is in advanced talks to acquire Health Balance owned by TPG, with a deal expected to be signed soon, industry sources said.
The Seoul-based firm teamed up with an unnamed strategic investor to buy the nutritional supplement company and has been conducting due diligence for the past two weeks, according to sources. If everything goes smoothly, the planned acquisition is expected to close during the third quarter of the year.
The deal is expected to be worth more than 100 billion won ($89.5 million). Stonebridge Capital’s newest fund, which closed last year and focuses on mid-cap growth companies, will be used for the acquisition. The fund was also used when the private equity firm purchased AJ Total’s chilled and frozen warehouse business earlier this year.
The transaction would mark Stonebridge Capital’s first investment in the nutritional supplement sector. The firm, however, has a strong track record in retail and food and beverage sectors.
Health Balance’s baby food brand Bebecook, which was spun off as an independent entity earlier this year, is said to be excluded from the sale. Stonebridge Capital will acquire the remaining businesses, including red ginseng products, weight-loss foods and fitness supplement retail.
TPG acquire 100% of Health Balance from Anchor Equity Partners in 2019 and has grown the company through bolt-on acquisitions. The nutritional supplement firm bought a 100% stake in Fitness Store, an online platform that sells various brands of health and fitness supplements, for 11.6 billion won last year. It also invested 10 billion won in mask brand ETIQA.
Especially, Fitness Store is likely to be a cash cow, industry watchers said. Founded in 2014 by a former fitness instructor, the online shopping platform has recorded rapid growth, with its revenue exceeding 10 billion won in 2017 compared to a mere 1 billion won in 2015. (Reporting by Ar-rum Rho)
최신뉴스 in 전체기사
- 에스엘바이오닉스, 130억 CB 발행 "자회사 유증 참여"
- ‘고덕신도시 유보라 더 크레스트’ 정당계약…조기마감 예감
- LX인베 자회사 LX자산운용 성장세 '눈길'
- JC파트너스, 에어프레미아 투자 집행 '착착'
- '투자'에 방점 LG에너지솔루션, '선순환 사이클' 가동
- [지배구조 분석/LT그룹]희성전자와 구본식 회장 간 거래는 '윈윈'이었을까
- 대우조선해양건설, 공공부문 신용등급 2단계 상승
- [플랫폼 손잡는 택배사]1년새 21% 커진 시장, 협력은 선택 아닌 '필수'
- [2021 더벨 유통포럼]"온오프라인 유통채널 차별화에 답있다"
- [2021 더벨 유통포럼]"유통기업, CEO 주도 '준법경영 체계' 재정비 시급"
Translated by Ryu Ho-joung 의 다른 기사 보기
- Samsung SDI earns record EBITDA in second quarter
- Shinsegae takes full control of Starbucks Korea, with a string attached
- LGES investment activity boosted by positive cash flow
- IMM Investment to invest $35 mil in outdoor gear maker Helinox
- Samsung Life Insurance to launch online sales in China
- Posco International’s Myanmar gas business sees sharp profit drop
- Kakao Entertainment raises $529 mil in commercial paper issues
- Investment and finance experts join Kurly ahead of planned IPO
- Naver uses $400mil treasury shares for staff compensation and share swaps
- Tmon delays IPO after its chief executive change
더벨 서비스 문의
02-724-4102유료 서비스 안내