Krafton IPO receives positive response from investors Offering reportedly 20~30 times oversubscribed by foreign institutions
Translated by Kim So-in 공개 2021-07-23 07:27:53
이 기사는 2021년 07월 23일 07시21분 thebell에 표출된 기사입니다
A blockbuster debut of Krafton, South Korea’s gaming company behind PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (PUBG), is going smoothly, with domestic and foreign institutional investors showing strong interest in its growth potential.Krafton held two separate online meetings with analysts and fund managers on Wednesday, according to industry sources. Around 30 analysts at major brokerage firms at home and abroad participated in the meeting.
Krafton founder Chang Byung-gyu attended the meeting and answered questions, which were mainly about its new mobile title, PUBG: New State. The new title is scheduled to launch in September or October, which is immediately after Krafton’s market debut.
“The company said the PUBG: New State has already racked up 25 million pre-registrations only through Google Android market since the beginning of this year,” said an industry source. “It added that the number of users will significantly increase after its testing on the iOS market in August.”
Krafton relaunched the PUBG Mobile in India earlier this month. The game had been distributed by China’s Tencent, but was banned by the Indian government in the second half of 2020 due to border disputes between the two countries. Krafton said the PUBG Mobile already reached 40 million downloads in the Indian market.
Krafton is running a two-week bookbuilding process from July 14. The company seeks to raise between 3.5 trillion won ($3.04 billion) and 4.3 trillion won by selling shares at a range of 400,000 won and 498,000 won each, which makes Krafton’s valuation between 19.6 trillion won and 24.4 trillion won.
The IPO was reportedly 20~30 times oversubscribed by foreign institutional investors on the first day alone, with most of them bidding at the highest price of 498,000 won or beyond.
The subscription for domestic institutional investors started on July 20 and the competition is said to be fierce as well. (Reporting by Kyung-ju Lee)
< 저작권자 ⓒ 자본시장 미디어 'thebell', 무단 전재, 재배포 및 AI학습 이용 금지 >
관련기사
best clicks
최신뉴스 in 전체기사
-
- 키움증권 리테일 훼손 우려…이틀새 시총 2400억 증발
- 더본코리아, '노랑통닭' 인수 포기 배경은
- [i-point]탑런에이피솔루션, LG디스플레이 장비 공급 업체 등록
- [트럼프 제재 나비효과 '레드테크']한국 울리는 적색경보, 차이나리스크 확산
- [i-point]티사이언티픽, 파트너스 데이 성료…"사업 확장 속도"
- [i-point]빛과전자, 국제 전시회 참여 "미국 시장 확대"
- [탈한한령 훈풍 부는 콘텐츠기업들]잠잠한 듯했는데…JYP엔터의 중국 굴기 '반격 노린다'
- [LGU+를 움직이는 사람들]권준혁 NW부문장, 효율화 vs 통신품질 '균형' 숙제
- [저축은행경영분석]PF 늘린 한투저축, 순익 2위 등극…사후관리 '자신감'
- [저축은행경영분석]'PF 후폭풍' OK저축, 대손상각 규모만 3637억