KTH to merge with Nasmedia Merger ratio likely to be favorable to Nasmedia
Translated by Kim So-in 공개 2021-06-10 08:08:17
이 기사는 2021년 06월 10일 07:34 더벨 유료페이지에 표출된 기사입니다.South Korea’s media content platform company KTH and advertisement agency Nasmedia will merge as part of KT Corp chief executive officer Koo Hyun-mo’s restructuring plan.
KTH and Nasmedia have agreed to start the merger process as early as this month, industry sources said Tuesday.
KTH will be the surviving company after the merger. It is said that the merger ratio has been set more favorably for Nasmedia, considering the market capitalization and number of shares of the two companies. Based on the current share price, it is theoretically possible to receive two or more KTH shares for each Nasmedia share. However, the merger ratio may change if the stock prices of the two companies fluctuate significantly before the merger resolution is made.
KTH has recently decided to merge with KT Mhows to become KT Alpha. With the merge with Nasmedia, KTH is likely to be the key affiliate of KT Group, which leads the group’s digital commerce business.
The merged entity will be led by Nasmedia founder and CEO Chung Kee-ho. Industry insiders expect the combined entity will enjoy synergies as Nasmedia's main business, which is data-based consulting, and KTH's commerce business have many points in common. Nasmedia’s subsidiary PlayD started its commerce business last year.
Chung is set to become the key man of the KT Group’s new business. He currently owns a 16.77% stake in Nasmedia and is highly likely to be the second largest shareholder of the combined entity if the merger ratio is set favorably to Nasmedia.
Koo has been carrying out the restructuring works centered on eight businesses to maximize KT's value. The eight businesses include commerce, AI, cloud, media, finances, robot, health and real estates.
Nasmedia has denied speculations on the possible merger, saying it is not true. (Reporting by Sang-woo Sung)
< 저작권자 ⓒ 자본시장 미디어 'thebell', 무단 전재 및 재배포 금지 >
최신뉴스 in 전체기사
Translated by Kim So-in 의 다른 기사 보기
- Lotte Confectionery improves profitability in 1H
- Stock overhang to have limited impact on KakaoBank stock price
- Samsung Elec's IM division continues stable performance in 2Q
- Krafton IPO draws tepid response from institutions
- Investors of The Nature Holdings mull whether to withdraw money
- LG Household & Health Care’s beverage business loses profitability
- Yanolja emerging as candidate to buy Interpark
- IBK reports dismal earnings in Southeast Asia
- F&F ups investment in TaylorMade acquisition
- SsangYong Motor to receive LOIs this week
더벨 서비스 문의
02-724-4102유료 서비스 안내