Megazone Cloud successfully raises $44 mil from investors Salesforce Ventures participates in funding round
이 기사는 2021년 06월 28일 07:24 더벨 유료페이지에 표출된 기사입니다.South Korea’s cloud market leader Megazone Cloud Corp has successfully raised 50 billion won ($44 million) from nine investors, including Salesforce Ventures, an investment arm of sales tech giant Salesforce, industry sources said Thursday.
The Korean company raised funds as part of a Series B funding round that started in 2020. It has raised 190 billion won in gross proceeds so far through the funding round, the largest amount ever among cloud managed service providers.
Megazone Cloud raised funds from 23 financial investors last year, including JKL Partners, Stonebridge Capital, and Korea Investment Partners. Its fundraising spree has continued into this year, with the company raising proceeds from nine strategic investors including Salesforce Ventures in the first half.
“Salesforce has selected next-generation companies which have technology and capabilities to expand its platform and ecosystem when making its investment,” said an industry source. “The latest fundraising from Salesforce will serve as an opportunity for Megazone Cloud to secure stronger business competitiveness not only in Korea but also in the Asia-Pacific market.”
Founded in 1998, Megazone Cloud has been growing rapidly amid the growth of the global cloud services market. It has gained a dominant position in the South Korea’s public cloud market after becoming an Amazon Web Service partner in 2012. It operates its offices in the U.S., Canada, China, Japan, Hong Kong, and Vietnam.
Megazone Cloud selected its underwriters earlier this year as it aims to go public in 2023. It plans to raise funds in a Series C funding round in the second half of this year. (Reporting by Ar-rum Rho)
최신뉴스 in 전체기사
- 김교현 롯데케미칼 부회장 "일진머티리얼즈, 좋은 회사"
- 우리금융 회장 DLF 행정소송 2심 선고 '22일'로 연기
- TS인베, 4개 본부 체제 조직개편…세대교체 신호탄
- 국보·보그인터내셔날 "카타나골프와 골프 기어 MOU"
- [케이뱅크 IPO]카카오만으로 역부족, 피어그룹 외국계 2곳 포함
- [IPO 모니터]대성하이텍, 탄탄한 해외사업 불구 '확실한' 가격 메리트
- 이차전지 산파 CIS, 사업확대 발판은 '해외수주력'
- 삼성전자, 중요성 평가 'SCM' 키워드 첫 등장
- 리서치 조직 꾸리는 코인 거래소…콘텐츠 경쟁 시작되나
- LG마그나, 해외법인 잇딴 투자…믿는 구석은
Translated by Kim So-in 의 다른 기사 보기
- McDonald’s Korea up for sale with focus on its real estate
- Consus Asset Management likely to acquire Jack Nicklaus GC
- MBK Partners seeks to acquire Kakao Mobility
- Hanwha Energy USA to issue $300 mil green bond
- Wemade seeks to register as VASP
- BGF Retail to bolster its presence in Mongolia
- Eyes on SKC's Suwon plant
- Samsung SDI, Stellantis to form battery joint venture in US
- Korea Investors Service upgrades outlook on Kia to positive
- Investment bankers move to unicorn startups
더벨 서비스 문의
02-724-4102유료 서비스 안내