Lotte GRS exits Indonesia as it reels from pandemic Franchise operator’s Indonesian operations in process of being liquidated
이 기사는 2021년 04월 14일 07:33 더벨 유료페이지에 표출된 기사입니다.Lotte GRS, which operates the burger chain Lotteria, is retreating from the Southeast Asia market as the Covid-19 pandemic took a toll on the company’s overseas business.
The Seoul-based company is in the process of liquidating PT Lotteria Indonesia and is also effectively discontinuing operations at Vietnam Lotteria, industry sources said.
The two subsidiaries are temporarily held by Lotte Corporation, the holding company of Lotte Group, instead of Lotte GRS due to legal reasons as the conglomerate revamped its governance structure with a shift to a holding company system in 2017.
It became possible in January to transfer shareholdings in PT Lotteria Indonesia and Vietnam Lotteria back to Lotte GRS. However, they are still placed under Lotte Corporation because both the burger chain operator and the two subsidiaries took a severe hit during the pandemic.
PT Lotteria Indonesia, which has more than 20 stores in the country, recorded a net loss of 7 billion won ($6.2 million) in 2020. It is in the process of being liquidated, with Lotte Corporation having written off its equity investment in the unit last year to reduce the book value to zero.
Vietnam Lotteria also made losses last year, and Lotte Corporation determined the impairment of its equity investment in the business, reducing the book value from 26.8 billion won to 15.6 billion won.
Apart from the two overseas subsidiaries, Lotte GRS invested 15.5 billion won last year to establish a new subsidiary in Vietnam that supplies raw materials with ambitions to expand its presence in the region. However, its growth plans also hit a snag due to the ongoing pandemic.
Lotte Group said Vietnam Lotteria can be transferred to Lotte GRS but added that the timing could be delayed because its business situation is not good. (Reporting by Hyo-jeom Jun)
최신뉴스 in 전체기사
- 브이티지엠피, 日라쿠텐 '연간 5억엔 돌파상' 수상
- 현실세계로 나온 '메이플 월드', Z세대에 인기
- 쏘카, 기업밸류 1.5조 '파격적'으로 낮췄다
- [IPO 그 후]브랜드엑스 이수연 대표, 꾸준한 자사주 매입 '책임경영'
- 국보 "美 레드힐, 600억대 라이선스·로열티 현금 확보"
- [IB 프로파일]'섬세한 IPO 전략가' 최신호 한국증권 본부장
- [2022 정기 신용평가]'명암' 뚜렷한 신용카드사, 핵심은 '이자비용 관리'
- [VC 경영분석]SV인베, '대형펀드 운용+글로벌 투자' 전략 통했다
- 4년차 신생 에이벤처스, 'AUM 2200억' 돌파
- 전고체 승부수 띄운 삼성, 배터리도 반도체처럼 '2030'?
Translated by Ryu Ho-joung 의 다른 기사 보기
- Kakao’s hair-care reservation service hires EY Hanyoung for sale
- Lotte to pour $6.4 bil into retail business over next five years
- Why Iljin Materials is up for sale
- GEPS to appoint its new CIO soon
- Shinsegae Intl gets boost from Swiss Perfection acquisition
- Mando improves profitability in Chinese market
더벨 서비스 문의
02-724-4102유료 서비스 안내